Portland Engineering is Hiring!!
Portland Engineering, Inc. is looking for an Experienced Controls Design and Integration Engineer to join our team in Southern, Oregon.
About the Job
Portland Engineering, Inc. is a control system integration engineering firm based out of Oregon, seeking an Experienced Controls Design and Integration Engineer for our corporate headquarters in Central Point, Oregon. In this role you will be responsible for the identification and development of detailed controls solutions for industrial, municipal and commercial clients operating automated process facilities. This includes specifying, configuring and commissioning an array of control systems on our client’s deliverable systems, including custom PLC control panels and SCADA systems using Allen Bradley, Modicon, and GE PLC with Wonderware, Factory Talk and Ignition SCADA systems for the development of Operator Interfaces and programming programmable logic controllers. It is essential that you are able to work closely with a client’s technical team, have careful attention to detail, and a commitment to the highest industry standards.
We value character and we are looking for someone to invest in for the long term. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including ongoing education, medical benefits, financial planning tools, and a flexible office space. We are a tightknit organization that has thrived for 25 years because we invest in our employees and offer a great workplace culture. If you you’re an Experienced Controls Design and Integration Engineer and you are interested in working in the Pacific Northwest, consider Portland Engineering, Inc.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering EE with a PE preferred but will consider all.
- Programming Allen Bradley PLC using Studio 5000 and RSLogix 500, Allen Bradley ControlLogix and SLC platforms
- Schneider’s Unity Pro XL
- Programming Operator Interface applications using Wonderware InTouch and Allen Bradley Factory Talk View
- Data Historian application development using Wonderware and Factory Talk Historian
- Control system Ethernet network design and integration
- Control Panel Design
- Field Commissioning
- Control Panel design
- Drafting of wiring diagrams using AutoCAD
- Project Scope development
- Proposal development
- Instrumentation specification and troubleshooting
- Variable frequency drive configuration and startup
- Field service engineering
- SCADA Telemetry System design and integration
- Water Treatment Plant process controls
- Wastewater Treatment Plant process controls
- Metals; Steel/Aluminum
- Food and Beverage; Dairy/Brewery/Bakery
- Power Plant process controls
- Robotics, vision, motion controls
Minimally, an Experienced Controls Design and Integration Engineer will engage in the following tasks
- Accurately estimate the time and costs required to complete a design-build or time and materials project
- Design P&ID for complete systems and develop I-O list from P&ID
- Manage and execute complete system commissioning , coordinate schedule and execution with client and subcontractors
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet schedules
- Be available to support unplanned service requests after hours or out of town
Flexibility for travel up to 50% at times for installations and startup is required.
Preferred applicants will reside in the Southern Oregon, or willing to relocate to Medford, OR or surrounding area; no relocation package available. Applicants must be US Citizens or authorized to work in the US.
Send us a cover letter, resume, and three references here:
Portland Engineering, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. These decisions are as follows but not limited to, employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other compensation, or selection for training and/or apprenticeships. We want the best available persons in every job. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.